Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Iroquois, retirement
cj0203
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Does anyone know if the army will keep a couple of Hueys at all or are they all being retired? What it the exact date when they will be retired or will they all just be quietly 'dismantled'? Seems such a shame that this mighty aircraft is just being quietly pushed aside. Wonder if there is any plans of some type of airshow at Oakey to send them off.
cheers
chris.
PMEmail Poster
Dean
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Aircrew Research

Group: ADF Serials Team
Member No.: 20

Crikey. I hope they don't retire them any time soon. I haven't had a ride in one yet. Never mind the Blackhawk I WANT A HUEY!!!!!
PMEmail Poster
herkman
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Lockheed Hercules (A97)

Member No.: 6

My understanding is that the chief of defense has been approached, with the view to keeping one at least in the bushranger role.

Regards

Col

This post has been edited by herkman on Feb 8 2007, 08:56 PM
PMEmail Poster
cj0203
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

Such a cheap helicopter to run i imagine amongst all this new hardware, look at how many are sitting in the american graveyards wheras we could use the choppers and the parts and have the huey for a long time to come.
'If it aint broke, don't fix it'.
R.I.P A2-490
A2-279
A2-649
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 2

The information I have received is that they are slowly being put into storage. I received an email not long ago that one had been started one final time before going into storage and they didnt expect it to see service again.
PMUsers Website
darren.crick
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

a further update for you all;

---

Thought you might be interested to know that the end of the Iroquois is rapidly approaching. We currently
have only seven aircraft in service and by the time you receive this message that number may have been
reduced further.

I am trying to keep tabs on the subsequently withdrawal from service of the Iroquois and as soon as I
get any specific details I will let you know.

The current status of the Iroquois fleet as I know it is as follows;

Two aircraft at ARDU,

One aircraft on static display at the Army Aviation Museum at Oakey,

One aircraft on static display at the RAAF Museum at Point Cook,

Six aircraft in long term storage at Wallangarra,

Ten aircraft in Intermediate Storage at Meeandah in Brisbane, and

Five aircraft allotted to 5 Avn, 1 Troop at Oakey for training.

One of the above aircraft has been identified for future allotment to the Australian War Memorial
while another aircraft has been identified for future allotment to the Army Aviation Museum at Oakey.

When exactly the Iroquois will be 'officially' withdrawn from service and subsequently offered for disposal
I don't know however, I am trying to keep tabs on the movement of the aircraft and eventually I hope to have
details regarding the dates each aircraft was removed from service and the total hours flown since new by
each aircraft.

Another era in Australian Military Aviation is quickly drawing to a close and for those who have had the pleasure
of serving with the Iroquois on operational service and deployments throughout many parts of the world it will be
a sad day when the last aircraft is finally withdrwan from service.
PMUsers Website
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

C-17A Globemaster III (A41)

Member No.: 4

Amen to that :(
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Sounds like your Huey ride is slowly slipping away Dean...
PMUsers Website
cj0203
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

have seen a couple over amberley of late , but too high to get any serial numbers. will keep tryin'.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

I can tell you A2-771 is still about, this taken at Avalon yesterday.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMUsers Website
cj0203
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

hail A2-771, delivered 07/68.
Shit this bird must have some hours under her belt
PMEmail Poster
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Mar 24 2007, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

A2-484 is still flying with ARDU at the moment also.
Rod.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
Brendan Cowan
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Messageboard Co-ordinator

Member No.: 48

I heard that all so familiar sound at 11:30 today as two "Wokkas" did a couple of flypasts down the Yarra River (about level with my office window) and then proceeded down St Kilda Road here in Melbourne.

What a sight and sound!

I was not expecting that to happen today - they got past my radar I guess.

The swansong most be drawing to an end.

BC
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Luig
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

FA-18F Super Hornet (A44)

Member No.: 80

I would guess that you saw a "last flyby"? Great that you heard then saw them going so well. :-)
Phil.
Brendan Cowan
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Phil,

Yes, it did look like a farewell visit.

I just wish a had the camera handy!

Sad to see them go.

BC
darren.crick
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

I thought I saw two the other day here as well. I'll try to confirm what Phil thinks.
PMUsers Website
herkman
Posted: Jun 15 2007, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Lockheed Hercules (A97)

Member No.: 6

Being a relatively simple airplane to fix, perhaps they may keep one on the flight line.

Regards

Col
PMEmail Poster
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Jun 15 2007, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Actually there is one from ARDU flying around in my vicinity right now, it is often in the air here.
Rod. :D
PMEmail Poster
jeep1943
Posted: Jun 15 2007, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

GAF Mirage III (A3)

Member No.: 106

2 to Wagga.
484 possibly one of them towards the end of this year.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Jun 16 2007, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

thanks, when you confirm their ID's can you please drop me a line?
PMUsers Website
cj0203
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

Saw one over Amberley/Ipswich last week, heading to Brisbane. Couldn't make out the serial but i did notice, with the naked eye mind you, that it had no upturned exhuast/ strella kit or particle separators fitted, which i thought was strange, you usually see them with one or the other at least. Couldn't help but think it was heading of to retirement in Meeandah. Maybe they WILL just be quietly withdrawn from service without any send off. Hope not
cj.
PMEmail Poster
Warhawk
  Posted: Jul 18 2007, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Research Co-ord

Member No.: 82

Heard that there are three (3) on the flight line in total still in Army (out of 25 in inventory).

Sob,...they bow out in October 2007

And to think, in comparison,......the Blackhawk bows out around 2014, only 7 years later!

After only 28 years compared to the UH-1D/H of 41 years, one wonders the cost ratio per ownership/hull loss and casualties comparison between both types. Was it really safer compared to the Iroquois?

Is it conceivable that the Blackhawk will soldier on for another 10 years in liaison role (Maybe Spec ops) out to 2024 in smaller numbers?

GIC of Army says Four types on flight line; CH-47D/MRH90/ARH and training/Liaison type from 2014.

Wonder where they'll end up since they'd have a fair amount of time left on the airframe.

Pondering

Gordy :o
PMEmail Poster
cj0203
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

looks like they will be shown the door without any send offs/airshows. Strange that they gave the bushrangers a send off with a 4-strong flyover of brisbane when retired but no plans/celebrations as yet regarding their total retirement.
and now theres only 3.
i want to cry.
PMEmail Poster
Warhawk
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Ah,... but don't despair,...they will live on , if only by "design" , with two Bell 412's being leased to replace the three UH-1Hs in their last role; ASR.

Not the "Wup wup" of the UH-1H, but still the, albeit "stretched", fuselage design,..with perhaps the more feline, Sabrina LR tanks, to give her more "bounce"!!
LOL

Gordy :rolleyes:

PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Aug 10 2007, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

I have been emailed and advised by a good source that Dec 2007 is the date set for retirement...

Dean... better hurry mate...
PMUsers Website
cj0203
Posted: Aug 11 2007, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

bundaberg airshow had A2-296 & A2-489 present that i know of.
spewin i missed it.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Some Information that came my way today...

The first sortie on OP Anode was on the 7th of August. The tail No. of that ACFT was A2 508.

The tail Nos of the deployed ACFT were :
A2-508
487and
We were part of ANZAC SQN which consisted of 171 OP SPT SQN (4 x UH-1H), 3 SQN RNZAF (4 x UH-1H) and 35 SQN DET RAAF (3 x Caribou).

Iroquois 377 was officially retired to the Point Cook museum on the 30th of June 2007. It was flown down from Oakey to Canberra by CAPT Brad Wheeler, LT Glenn Miller, and SGT Rob Knox. It flew into Canberra at 1705 on the 29th of June, landing at Russell Offices.

Then departed RAAF Fairbairn on the 30th in a three ship form with the crew as CAPT Brad Wheeler, AVM Angus Houston(CDF), and SGT Rob Knox. The CDF Flew the ACFT almost the entire 3.3 hours it took to get to Point Cook, doing all take offs and landings.

377 will now be repainted into the original colour scheme for display at the Point Cook museum in the Vietnam display.

PMUsers Website
darren.crick
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

ok guys, got some more info... the last of the hueys...

These are the Hueys as I know about them as @ today's date (31/8).
Still on line for Aircrewman Loadmaster training and Crash Rescue Helicopter at Oakey are:
A2 310, 487, 703 and 771.

The expected last flight date is 28th September.

We also have 278 here at Oakey, it is currently still be flown for 'Test Flights' but to no real purpose that I can gather as it is no longer available to us.

915 flew to Archerfield last week. It is finished.

At ARDU is A2 296. The word is that they will fly it on the 30th of September or early October with a completely RAAF crew just so they can say that the RAAF flew the last flight.

Basically mate, the Huey only 'Officially' has 28 days left in the ADF.
PMUsers Website
cj0203
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

sad eh.
no word on any flyby's?
2 Hueys were at brisbane's annual 'riverfire' last year, wonder if they might show up tommorow as this event is on?

This post has been edited by cj0203 on Aug 31 2007, 08:21 PM
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

no word yet, but I suspect they will do something...
PMUsers Website
Luig
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

UH-1H Bombers!!!
From DefenseNews.
Lebanon Develops Helicopter Bombers
By RIAD KAHWAJI, DUBAI
Faced with an urgent need for air-strike weaponry, the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) has taken a do-it-yourself approach.

LAF technical teams have converted UH-1H utility helicopters into bombers, updated decades-old bombs and are planning to resurrect out-of-service warplanes, Lebanese officials said.

“We have a serious situation in Nahr Al-Bared refugee camp and the international community has not responded fast enough to our military requirements to deal with the threat,” one senior Lebanese military official said.

“Hence we have decided to take things in our own hands. We brought out 30-year-old bombs — originally acquired to be used on board the Hawker Hunter attack aircraft — and now we are dropping them from our helicopters with a good degree of precision and effectiveness.”

The LAF has been fighting an al-Qaida-allied Islamic terrorist group known as Fatah Al-Islam in the Nahr Al-Bared Palestinian refugee camp in northern Lebanon since late May. Most of the camp’s 35,000 inhabitants left in the early days of the fighting. More recently, LAF Special Forces and armored units have been making slow but steady progress in the camp’s narrow alleyways. LAF officials said some 400 to 500 terrorists have been killed in the fighting, with at least 100 captured and an estimated 65 still holding out. To date, 146 LAF troops have been killed.

The current phase of the conflict in Nahr Al-Bared has been regarded by experts as the toughest because the terrorists are using bomb shelters and fortifications built years ago by the Palestine Liberation Organization to be used by its late leader Yassir Arafat.

“These are very well-built defenses with bomb shelters and bunkers linked up with underground tunnels,” said Ahmad Temsah, a retired Lebanese Air Force brigadier general. “Regular artillery and tank shells have no serious effect on such defenses, and the only way to deal with them is through heavy air-dropped bombs.”

Temsah called the move to convert helicopters into bombers a “genius idea.”

LAF technicians and engineers modified the UH-1H helicopters, raising the height of the landing skids and belly mounting bomb-release gear and pylons from retired Mirage-3 jets.

“Then we got out of the depots old bombs and fitted them with new detonators and loaded them on the helicopters and tested the system and it was a success,” the official said.

So far, the helicopters have dropped 250-kilogram and 400-kilogram bombs from altitudes between 3,000 and 4,000 feet. The pilots use GPS devices to help guide them from point of departure to the bomb-release point.

“The precision has been remarkable, with most bombs landing within a 10-meter radius,” Temsah said.

The strikes have demolished many of the camp’s two- and three-floor buildings and many of the fortifications of the Fatah Al-Islam, according to LAF officials.

The LAF engineers have set up a bomb production line to ensure there will be enough bombs to complete the fight in Nahr Al-Bared and to prepare for possible future confrontations, the senior military official said.

Fawzi Abu-Farhat, a retired LAF brigadier general and editor of the monthly Arab Defense Journal, said, “This is the first time in the history of warfare that a helicopter is used as a bomber ... in an effective manner.”
But Temsah said helicopter bombs can only be used in special cases when the enemy does not have air defenses and the weather conditions are good.

The LAF official said commanders have also decided to bring five Hawker Hunter jets back into service after a decade’s retirement — if needed parts can be found. Sources said the main need is for ejector-seat parts.
Abu-Farhat noted that the LAF is one of the few Arab militaries that rely on local technicians to maintain and repair equipment and airplanes, and said the country’s acute economic conditions compel the troops to be innovative.

“These technical skills have enabled the LAF to keep many of its helicopters flying even when the West was not providing Lebanon with spare parts and military aid,” Abu Farhat said. “Now these same technicians and engineers, who are educated and trained in Europe and the U.S., have developed the helicopter bombers.”

LAF Command officials have complained in recent months that long-promised international military aid has arrived too slowly and in quantities too small to meet its modernization needs.

Temsah called for the international community to step up its airpower aid.
“Lebanon is a mountainous country, and hence the LAF must have an airpower capability, even at a minimum level of one squadron of attack warplanes for close ground support,” Temsah said.
http://rnzaf.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=world&action=display&thread=1188801902
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 7 2007, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

With a few new contacts willing to assist with working on the Iroquois histories I am making a bit of an effort to do some work on this page.

I am currently getting the 9 Sqn Vietnam Daily History sheets from the NAA, I already have the aircraft status cards and the 768 Court of Enquiry. I am interested in any other docs to help with the Iroquois history if anyone can help.
PMUsers Website
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Sep 8 2007, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Darren, I have the Stewart Wilson book if that is any help.
Rod.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

thanks Rod, is there any specific section on modifications.

I am after information on UH-1B Mod 7 and UH-1H Mod 148?

I am slowly working through them and getting the histories together with the doc's I have in hand.
PMUsers Website
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Will have a look Darren.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

thanks Rod... each UH-1B had mod 7 and most UH-1H's in those direct to Vietnam got mod 148. I havnt got into the late model H's yet...
PMUsers Website
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 15 2007, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

FYI

Last Iroquois Loadmaster Training Flight... it happened on 11/09/2007 and the aircraft was A2-703...
PMUsers Website
cj0203
Posted: Sep 16 2007, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

shit
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 16 2007, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

they are pretty much out the door mate...
PMUsers Website
Brendan Cowan
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

It's short notice, but here is the actual final retirement notification......

Department of Defence Media Mail List
------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPA 319/07 Wednesday, 19 September 2007

ARMY FAREWELLS IROQUOIS (Huey) HELICOPTER

WHAT: Farewell flypast of three Army UH-1H Iroquois (Huey) helicopters

WHERE: Gallipoli Barracks Enoggera

WHEN: Friday, 21 September 2007

WHO: Brigadier Nick Bartels, Commander 16th Brigade (Aviation), Iroquois air crew.

Three UH-1H Iroquois helicopters will leave Gallipoli Barracks at Enoggera at 11.55am on Friday, 21 September for a farewell flypast over Brisbane. They will return to Gallipoli Barracks Enoggera where doorstop interviews will be conducted.

Background:

The Australian Defence Force took delivery of the Iroquois in 1962. The helicopters saw service in Malaysia, Vietnam, Egypt and the Sinai as part of the Royal Australian Air Force. The helicopter capability was transferred to the Army in 1989. The Royal Australian Navy also flew Iroquois from 1967 to 1989. The Iroquois served in peace monitoring missions with the Army in Bougainville and the Solomon Islands and assisted in humanitarian relief in tsunami-torn Banda Aceh. It has played a vital role in domestic disaster relief as well as community service.

Media note:

Media interested in attending the event at Gallipoli Barracks, Enoggera, are asked to be at the main pass office in Lloyd Street by 11.15am on Friday, 21 September.

Defence imagery and vision will be available through the Defence website.

Media Contact:

Paul Lineham,Defence Public Affairs 0408 972 329
Defence Media Liaison
02) 6265 3343 or 0408 498 664

For a free subscription to Defence Direct, the Minister for Defence’s monthly e-newsletter, please follow this link:

http://www.minister.defence.gov.au/defencedirect/spt/subscribe.html

Issued by Coordination and Public Affairs, Department of Defence, Canberra, ACT
Phone: 02 6265 3343, Fax: 02 62656946

Media Releases are available via e-mail if you register at www.defence.gov.au/media

If you wish to unsubscribe go to http://152.91.28.130/unsubscribe.cfm
Enter your E-mail address, click the Submit button"

Rod Farquhar
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

ARDU are still flying around here in A2-484. :huh:
PMEmail Poster
cj0203
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Hawker Sea Fury (RAN)

got me a pass onto enoggera tomorow! shall take loads of pics. dream coming true and to end all at once.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

let us know how you go...
PMUsers Website
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Rod,

yes that s expected, the word is the RAAF will make the actual final flight of the Iroquois... well after the Army retire theirs.
PMUsers Website
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Sep 21 2007, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Darren,
I may be mistaken there, according to our records 484 is in storage, the last time I had a positive ID it was 484 flying around here. Just a while ago I caught a glimpse of another Iroquoi and it looks to be 296 which our records say is at ARDU.
I guess I will find out for sure on 27/28 Oct.
Rod.
PMEmail Poster
Brendan Cowan
Posted: Sep 21 2007, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

And about more about the farewell in Brisbane....... BC

Department of Defence Media Mail List

CPA 325/07 Friday, 21 September 2007

ARMY FAREWELLS THE IROQUOIS ‘HUEY’ HELICOPTER

The Army farewelled the venerable UH-1H Iroquois ‘Huey’ helicopter today, with a lunchtime farewell flypast by three aircraft over Brisbane.

The ‘Huey’ has become synonymous with the Vietnam War and its distinctive “thwock thwock” sound evokes instant memories amongst the Vietnam Veteran community.

However it has served Australia faithfully both domestically and around the world in warlike conditions, peace keeping, disaster relief and humanitarian assistance since its introduction in 1962.

The Iroquois was initially operated by the Royal Australian Air Force before the capability was handed over to the Army in 1989. The Royal Australian Navy also operated Iroquois from 1967, with the type being withdrawn from Navy service in 1989.

Brigadier Nick Bartels, Commander of Army’s 16th Brigade (Aviation) said it was a day of mixed emotions.

“The ‘Huey’ has been a part of the Australian Defence Force for 45 years and, in that time, it has been a part of life for so many people, both in the services and the general public,” he said.

Its wartime role in Vietnam has been well documented and to a lesser extent its involvement in the Malayan Confrontation and duties with the United Nations in Egypt and the Sinai.

Brigadier Bartels said, however, that the activities of the Iroquois in disaster relief and humanitarian aid proved the versatility of the aircraft.

“From it being involved in Search and Rescues at sea and on land, fighting bush fires and carrying relief supplies in floods and drought, to aiding the villagers in isolated Aceh communities after the tsunami disaster in Sumatra, the Huey will live on in the hearts of those who have been helped long after today.

“The Iroquois has enabled the Australian Defence Force to serve the community in many different ways and although it is being retired today, the capability will not be lost.

“Towards the end of the year we will take delivery of the first of our multi-role helicopter, the MRH-90, which will take over all the duties of the Iroquois as well as providing important new capability,” he said.

The MRH-90 is larger, more powerful and more versatile than the Iroquois, and will be entered into service with both Army and Navy.

Media contact: Defence Media Liaison (02) 6265 3343 or (0408) 498 664

Luig
Posted: Sep 21 2007, 11:34 PM
Quote Post

Pics of Farewell here:
http://www.defence.gov.au/media/download/2007/Sep/20070921/index.htm

This post has been edited by Luig on Sep 21 2007, 11:34 PM

Attached Image
Attached Image
Luig
Posted: Sep 21 2007, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

http://www.defence.gov.au/media/download/2007/Sep/20070921/index.htm

"21 September 2007
Final flight of the UH-1H Iroquois

The Final flight of the UH-1H Iroquois helicopters as part of the army’s capabilities took place over Brisbane on Friday the 21st of September 2007. A formation of three Helicopters flew low over the city following the Brisbane River in a salute to the venerable aircraft.

Serving the nation since 1962, the UH-1H or "Huey" first flew with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in Malaysia, however it was their use in the Vietnam War that gave them the iconic status they have today with their familiar silhouette and rotor sound. The helicopters have also been involved in peace keeping roles and disaster relief, most recently helping in Tsunami relief operations at Banda Aceh in 2004.

Based at The Army Aviation Centre at Oakey and flying with A Squadron, 5 Aviation Regiment, the UH-1H is being replaced by the new Multi Role Helicopter (MRH-90), which will increase the capabilities established by the Huey’s offering higher performance, greater load capacity and combat survivability.

For over forty five years, The UH-1H Iroquois has played an important part with the Australian Defence Force. From Malaysia and Vietnam, through to peace keeping in the Middle East, the Sinai and in Bougainville and the Solomon Islands supporting peace monitoring group, and in Australia conducting wide ranging missions such as disaster relief and fire fighting.

It served with the Royal Australian Air Force from 1962 till 1989, the Royal Australian Navy from 1967 to 1987 and most recently the Australian Army from 1989 till today."
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 22 2007, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Rod, I guess it is possible they have two...
PMUsers Website
Warhawk
  Posted: Sep 23 2007, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Last flyby for retirement Brisbane

A2-310/A2-489?/A2-703

Pretty sure it was 489, but the 9 looked blurry

Nice feeling that in 1981 I bumed a ride on A2-703 as a weekend Warrior grunt during K81. Would have loved to be on it last week though

Sigh,...sign of the times

Best
Gordy :(
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0357 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]