Messageboard Co-ordinator

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 48

Department of Defence Media Mail List
------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFENCE MEDIA RELEASE

CPA 197/08 Friday, 27 June 2008

NEW AIR COMMANDER AUSTRALIA

Air Force has welcomed the new Air Commander Australia during a formal ceremony at RAAF Base Glenbrook near Sydney today.

Air Vice-Marshal Mark Binskin handed over to Air Vice-Marshal Mark Skidmore.

Air Commander Australia (ACAUST) is responsible for all Air Force flying and support activities. Approximately 11,000 of Air Force’s 13,500 personnel are part of Air Command. The Air Commander is responsible for more than 200 aircraft.

Air Vice-Marshal Binskin will be promoted to Air Marshal next week and will be Chief of Air Force from Friday 4 July.

“It has been a real privilege to serve as ACAUST during the past 12 months. Air Force continues to face challenges through very high operational tempo. Our people are working hard across Australia and around the world. I am very proud of what they are achieving,” Air-Vice Marshal Binskin said.

“I wish Mark Skidmore all the best for the new position, it’s a demanding job.”

Air Vice-Marshal Skidmore joined Air Force in 1977. His background is flying fast jets, in particular the F-111. He has served in a range of strategic and operational positions, including a deployment as Director Coalition Air Operations Centre in the Middle East in 2005. He moves to Glenbrook from Canberra where he was Director General Air – Joint Operations Command.

“I am honoured to be selected as Air Commander, and I’m looking forward to the challenges of this role,” Air Vice-Marshal Skidmore said.

Chief of Air Force, Air Marshal Geoff Shepherd thanked Air Vice-Marshal Binskin for his excellent leadership of Air Command and welcomed Air Vice-Marshal Skidmore to the position.

“Air Vice-Marshal Binskin has been an exceptional Air Commander. I wish him all the best as he prepares to become Chief next week,” Air Marshal Shepherd said.

“Air Vice-Marshal Skidmore is an outstanding Officer who has served Air Force well across three decades. He will be another excellent ACAUST.”

Images of the event will be available at: www.defence.gov.au/media/download

Media contact: Defence Media Liaison: 02 6265 3343 or 0408 498 664

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0249 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]