MIA
PMEmail Poster
Dean
Posted: Apr 26 2009, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Aircrew Research

Group: ADF Serials Team
Member No.: 20

What I don't like are the double standards.

While they would crucifying one man for retrieving artifacts from a known crash site they would overlook the retrieval of artifacts that have retrieved over the many years by other museums and individuals.

How many artifacts does the Australian War Memorial hold that have been retrieved from "war graves" and from the possession of dead bodies such as the Japanese midget submarines from Sydney Harbour or the photo of Len Seiffert about to be beheaded by a Japanese soldier, taken from a dead Japanese officer. That photo was his personal possession.

And what about a lot of warbird restorers. How often do they source parts from crash sites? And how many crashed aircraft have been turned into scrap.

Mike Munro's reporting was very poor and subjective with only one intention. The family also visited the crash site for the first time....while Channel 7 were they too. Coincidence? While I do not have an issue with family members visiting the site where their loved ones were lost I would ask questions about why they would do it for the cameras.

It is not for the Defence Dept to protect crash sites but the Government to make the laws for the protection of them and for the civil authorities (Police) to act upon when an offence is committed.

I do abhore the interferring of remains if they are not being removed for internment. But Rod Burgess was NOT taking human remains, merely parts of an aircraft which are nothing more than a distant reminder to the four brave souls on board the day it crashed.

While their remains are unrecovered I believe that they should of been as the site CAN be accesses but how much remains of the four men is unknown but at least an attempt should be made.

Lest we forget.

This post has been edited by Dean on Apr 26 2009, 11:46 PM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0713 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]