Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Adf-serials Telegraph
Shep
Posted: Nov 28 2020, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

General Dynamics F-111 (A8)

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,510

ADF-Serials Telegraph Volume 10, Issue 6 is now available.

Click on the "Our Newsletter" icon on the home page.

Hope you like it.
PMEmail Poster
batman
Posted: Nov 29 2020, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Lockheed Hercules (A97)

Member No.: 3,524

Steve McKenzie

Thankyou for picking up the error in the caption of the 1ES playground.
We will paste a correction in the next Newsletter, correcting along the lines of:
"....no upper roundels (possibly A21-6); two aircraft in scheme A.D.1169 (left is Avro Avian VH-UKD “Instructional Avian No.1” taken over by RAAF 2 JUL 1940, and right is a D.H.60), the Avian has a fuselage trainer band, the D.H.60 apparently trainer bands on wings only"...

Many thanks for your sharp eye to keep us honest. We all strive for the utmost accuracy, and when I saw that fin while I was colouring in, I though "those bloody trainees have been doing a bit of DIY".

Bloody RAAF Avian, who would have thought eh! There was another, VH-UIL with CFS Camden 8/40 to 2/42, which evidently went back as a flyer to its Sydney owner.

So thankyou for your input and continuing support of adf-serials.

cheers JB
PMEmail Poster
Brenden S
Posted: Nov 29 2020, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Lockheed Hercules (A97)

Member No.: 414

Another 103 pages of goodness. Well done to all involved.
PMEmail Poster
SpazSinbad
Posted: Dec 4 2020, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Gloster Meteor (A77)

Member No.: 37,780

I'm very impressed with the quality of the PDF. BZ to those involved.
PMEmail Poster
SpazSinbad
Posted: Dec 4 2020, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Gloster Meteor (A77)

The PDF says it was made with WORD 2016. Outstanding result, I'm hoping it was not too much bother? Did WORD crash much? With the skills on display one would do wonders with a Desktop Publishing Program (DTP). Entry level would be the latest version of Microsoft Publisher if one has Windows. The beauty of Publisher and similar DTP programs is that text and or graphics can be contained in a FRAME which can then be moved about at will and usually this will not CRASH the program.

I last used WORD 6 I think it was - maybe 2000? - and it was atrocious for DTP. I guess WORD has improved in that respect. A Great Job done on the PDF.

This post has been edited by SpazSinbad on Dec 4 2020, 07:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
batman
Posted: Dec 9 2020, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Lockheed Hercules (A97)

Member No.: 3,524

Phil

With my articles, I use Word 2016.
My 50-odd pages I send to Garry Shep, and he mashes together my input, Gordy's, and any other contributions, with his items, then send out the 100 pages/20MB pdf for us to check.

We have had problems with older versions of Word, not being perfectly compatible to ensure we are all on the same page sizes (literally) and that pagination and margins all align.
But with all the references we have, the various inputs appear to go together seamlessly.

How about a Navy bit? .. your experiences with Vampires, Venoms, or anything you like - you probably have most at your fingertips, but maybe people can't find it all in your sites. (I am still toying with doing pieces on Sea Fury and Fireflies - which would be historical and markings related.)

cheers

JB
PMEmail Poster
SpazSinbad
Posted: Dec 9 2020, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Gloster Meteor (A77)

Those bits about NAVY/RAN aircraft are all in one place - a 4.4Gb PDF which can be word searched or looked at via bookmarks or page by page scrolling (a little tedious for currently nearly 17,000 pages). Go here for directions for the latest version of this PDF.

https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ follow directions....

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat PRO but have used whatever version of Acrobat was available over the last fifteen years or so. Currently this PDF cannot be edited so I'm taking a break from it all. Probably whatever the Acrobat hold up is will be fixed by an update (this or similar problems have occurred over the years usually fixed by an Acrobat update). Any DTP has been done with a now old version of Adobe InDesign. Mostly the pages have been made/printed from websites and then mashed together with Acrobat. Graphics usually TIFs converted to PDF pages. TIFs are ideal for PDFs.

This post has been edited by SpazSinbad on Dec 9 2020, 05:21 PM
PMEmail Poster
SpazSinbad
Posted: Dec 9 2020, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Gloster Meteor (A77)

Not sure what you mean about 'not finding older files'. However if one refers to the page numbers in the latest 4.4Gb PDF I'm always glad to excerpt those cited pages into one or several files and make those available. Over the years various individual aircraft PDF files have been provided - trying to guess what someone requires without any indication gets to be tedious indeed.

These PDF pages (mostly) all conform to a certain page screen size so they are optimised for screen viewing usually - not for PDF printing on paper. I'm paperless these days. Also making them 'screen viewable' means the file size is reduced for online availability.

Ctrl Key + Zero key is the way to make the PDF pages view fill screen. IF you make those key strokes again you will see all kinds of odd page sizes so just Ctrl + Zero to get back that 'good to view' situation.

This post has been edited by SpazSinbad on Dec 9 2020, 07:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0193 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]