Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Museum Helicopters
rockdropper
  Posted: Aug 4 2014, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

CAC Sabre (A94)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,608

I was going to add this to the end of another thread, but there seems to be a lot of discussion in there that I don't really want to enter into.

Anyways...

Australian Army Flying Museum (new name) Oakey will get the first Blackhawk to go on display, by the end of August.

AAFM Oakey will also get a Delta Chinook by March next year.

Sorry, no tail numbers at this stage.

Rocky.

PMEmail Poster
Warhawk
  Posted: Aug 11 2014, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Research Co-ord

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 82

Thanks Rock dropper

I hear and read that Chook A15-201 is earmarked for AWM soon due to it is the highest missioned Chook ex Ghan. Doubt any ex US Army A15-15*'s ones will be saved, thus we're back to an ex RAAF Chook A15-103/104/106,..

Yet one of these ( I think 103, but not sure)is supposed to be written off in 2012 following a heavy landing, so it should be out of two, then. Outside, the second new one,...A15-202.

Current strength is 6 Chooks, not 7, thus perhaps the damaged CH-47D is the museum piece,...ala Ghan retrieval? A15-103?

Any more confirmation anyone???????

Coincidently,...ex Townsville the back way,...I'll be dropping in to the Oakey Museum on Friday next this week for a optic nerve

BTW: the first of two CH-47F simulators arrived in Townsville recently. With that, training will start per the arrival of the first CH-47Fs next year in 2015.

Gordy
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]