> Sea Venom Parts Plea
Ghostrider870
Posted: Jul 10 2014, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

DH Tigermpth (A17)

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,308

G'day
I'm looking for the current whereabouts and owners of the two Venoms (WZ-943 & WZ-935) that were out the back of the Museum at NAS. Plus any other Venom wrecks or parts that members may know about.
In addition to locating parts for my own projects I am offering access to my collection of technical manuals and expertise in these aircraft (30 years +) to any one restoring or collecting Sea Venoms or parts.
Any assistance or information greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve Long

This post has been edited by Ghostrider870 on Jul 10 2014, 07:00 PM
PMEmail Poster
Martin Edwards
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

FA-18F Super Hornet (A44)

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 27

Hi Steve
Apologies' for my tardiness in replying I have been o/s and had limited contact.
There really is no adf-serials Sea Venom restoration. The remains of the two Sea Venoms were purchased by a couple of our member from Nowra in otder to save them from the scrap man. As far as I am aware they have been in storage ever since. I will endeavour to contact the owners.
Cheers
Martin
PM
Ghostrider870
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

DH Tigermpth (A17)

Thank you Martin, any assistance or info is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
PMEmail Poster
Martin Edwards
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Hi Steve,

It seems that the Sea Venoms mentioned are really no longer anything to do with adf-serials as such.

As I understand it they were originally purchased by two of our members from Nowra to prevent their imminent scrapping. I believe that another group now owns them.

When you made your initial enquiry back in March I contacted one the owners but as I received no answer the subject dropped off the radar.

I tried again yesterday but again no answer.

In answer to your remarks on APM I have received no private messages on the subject but that doesn't surprise me as the message system isn't 100% reliable.

As for being secretive then it could be that the current owners wish to keep matters private. I do know that one of the owners had an aircraft stolen a few years back, never to be seen again (probably sold for a few dollars as scrap). So maybe its not so much secret squirrel stuff but once bitten twice shy.

If I do hear back from the owners I will definitely pass on the information to you.

At adf-serials we certainly want to help restorers in any way we can.

On the APM website you mention that we have a lot of inaccuracies on our Sea Venom page. If you would be kind enough to point these out I will be only too happy to correct the information.

Cheers
Martin

martin.edwards@adf-serials.com.au
PM
Ghostrider870
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

DH Tigermpth (A17)

G'day Martin
Thanks for the quick response.
The secret squirrel remark wasn't directed at yourself or ADF. I've been restoring Sea Venoms for a few years now but have never been involved with the looking for parts side of things but now that I'm in that position I'm finding that some are very interested in what you may have but get very tight lipped when you want something.
It can be very frustrating especially when your the undiplomatic knuckle dragger like myself! It seems to be quite common practice among a lot of groups judging by the feed back I received of late from some well known organisations.

I will send you my latest Venom histories list shortly plus a few photo's of aircraft missing from you list, WZ-895 in particular.
Cheers

This post has been edited by Ghostrider870 on Jul 27 2014, 05:59 PM
PMEmail Poster
Martin Edwards
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

No worries Steve, we wish you well in your pursuits.
I look forward to your updates and photos, they will be most appreciated.
PM
Ghostrider870
Posted: Sep 28 2014, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

DH Tigermpth (A17)

Martin
Emailed the updated list, hopefully its useful.
Cheers
PMEmail Poster
Martin Edwards
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

I have received the update, thanks Steve, I will add the details shortly.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]