Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Message Board Queries
johnw
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Maurice Farman MF.11 Shorthorn (CFS)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,235

I am a Newbee. You have a great a great site.

Recently, while researching my father’s RAAF service history, 1940-1948, I found your ADF site. He was 405475 F/L Rex Malcolm Whitburn, DFC, MID.

I am compiling a list of the aircraft that he flew, which is extensive. He spent his active service with 117 Sqn RAF however flew Australian aircraft during initial training and subsequently during the period Dec’44 to April’48 at units such as 7 OTU - Tocumwal, Central Flying School - Point Cook, Crew Conversion Unit (HB) - East Sale & School of Air Navigation - East Sale.

From his Log Books I have already made various observations that may be of interest to your Liberator (A72) group. I can indicate the Series entries and attach the relevant Log Book pages for validation. These can be examined for authenticity.Additionally I have his collection of photographs, aircraft and personnel etc. Lincolns (A73) will be next.

Do you have limits up uploading to your message board relating to file attachments? ie a 1Mb size exists, any on number?
My files are 3-400k generally to retain quality.

On a quick count Rex flew 68 different A72’s.

Also, I haven’t been able to find your photo gallery.?

Regards
John W

PMEmail Poster
johnw
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Regarding my last message.

Some of the photgraphs that I have are originals, stamped on the back with the official RAAF stamp which includes a Copyright statement. Does this still apply?

Regards
John W
PMEmail Poster
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

C-17A Globemaster III (A41)

Group: ADF Serials Team
Member No.: 4

Welcome aboard John.
I can answer some of your questions for you.
Our Image Gallery is temporarily off-line pending a rebuilding of the site, hopefully back soon. When it does there should be an avenue for you to submit information.

We are always interested in factual information, there is a wealth of stuff out there just waiting for the light of day.

When uploading images they should be re-sized to around 640x480 pixels, that gives reasonable quality without hogging too much space.

We have an understanding that allows us to use RAAF official photos.

Naturally the Admin Team has the right to decide what if anything submitted will be used.

Perhaps someone from Admin can fill in the blanks for you.

Cheers,
Rod.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 2

G'day John,

thanks for making contact with us...

as previously pointed out we are going through a rebuilding of the website. The problems encountered have made this drag on a little.

if you wish to get this stuff to us asap, you can email them direct to me if you like.
darren.crick@adf-serials.com.au

We will discuss items sent as they come through.

thanks...
PMUsers Website
johnw
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Hi Rod & Darren

Thankyou for your reply.

I adjusted some test photos of (2 Beaufort A9-542/579 crashes and Mustag A68-47 firing rockets), down to 640x.., size 100k - 65k. and tried attaching a single photo to a message for starters but it failed. They are in Jpg format.

I get an error message - wrong format or to large.

Any suggestion?

I assume only one file can be attached to a message if I get working.

Regards
John
PMEmail Poster
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Hi John,
This is one of the problems that are still to be sorted out, for some reason the system will not accept images with posts.
Stay with us , I am sure all will be sorted eventually.
Rod.
PMEmail Poster
Luig
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

FA-18F Super Hornet (A44)

Member No.: 80

To all, May I make a request. In this day of broadband and hopefully expanded storage space online a photo that has 1024x768 pixels (when cropped!) is a lot more useful for seeing details and such. Otherwise small photos can be next to useless for any detail to be seen if they are not cropped to that smaller size and even then that size (800x600) is just too small IMHO. Phil.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Rod Farquhar
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Phil, not everyone is on broadband and even at 640 x 480 pixels enough detail is present for most users. Apart from the issue of storage space on our server the time taken to download large files will put most dial up people off, they will not then get to see much at all.
Rod.
PMEmail Poster
darren.crick
Posted: Apr 24 2009, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

We have much more space for our new gallery when it comes online so we can discuss this image size problem then...

Rod/Phil, can we move the image size issue to the team discussion area if thats ok??
(Not wanting to stop the discussion, just move it)

PMUsers Website
darren.crick
Posted: Apr 24 2009, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

John,

yes that is a problem with this email group at this time, can you send them to my normal email address at darren@adf-serials.com.au
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0377 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]