Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Feedback From A Visitor!, (David Best)
darren.crick
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 2

Sender: David Best

Hi Darren,

First off, great site. My self and my father spend alot of time reading about the Aircraft. Myself it's the Lancaster page and my Father the Canberra page as he was an instrument fitter in the RAAF for 28/29 years many of those spent with 2 Sqn with the Canberra's. The reason I'm sending this is I'm researching at the moment 463Sqdn for my own benefit mainly. While using your list of Lancaster serial numbers for 463Sqn I have been adding information from the ORBS for the Lancaster's for that Sqdn. The information is the for the first and last mission for all the Lancs. Pilot's name the the target for both the first & last mission. If there was anything extra that sounds interesting I'm also including that. It all comes from the ORBS which I have been priviledged enough to have been given a copy for both 463/467 Sqdns by I of the son's of 1 of the Pilots that flew R5868. Included with the ORBS i was also given a complete copy of every crew and every mission for that !
crew plus replacements when they were needed. My Grandfather flew OPS in ND733 before it was badly damaged on a raid to Pilsen on 16/17 April 1944, and also in RF152 JO-A by my Grandfathers log book. I'm interested to know if anybody there would be interested in the data I'm putting together, will be doing the same for 467's Lancs when finished with 463's Lancs, so far I have input information for 35 of the 463 Sqdn Lancs. If so please let know and know where I can email it to. Or on the other hand let me know if you aren't interested.

---

Of course I have replied to David email and awaiting the information...

PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0157 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]