Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Gippsland Armed Forces Museum, Macchi A7-014 and A7-015
Martin Edwards
Posted: Sep 14 2009, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

FA-18F Super Hornet (A44)

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 27

Gippsland Armed Forces Museum has relocated from the drill hall in town out to West Sale aerodrome.
It is now located in the ex NSC squash court, basketball and indoor cricket complex.
(I kid you not, John Friedrich really set that place up well!!!)
Macchi A7-015 is still back in the hall and its detached wings apparently make a very good skateboard ramp :o
Macchi A7-014 was going to go up a pole in town until the council found out how much it would cost and the museum now owns this as well. It currently shares the hangar with the Trackers
When I visited Tracker N12-153566 was parked in front of the museum on the apron. Friendly staff even let me inside the aircraft.
The restored cockpit of Anson MG872 is on display as well as the cockpit of Beaufort A9-164 that is in the earlier stages of restoration.
A wealth of aeronautical artifacts are on display including aircraft engines, wreckage, uniforms etc and a fantastic photo display.
I believe once suitable hangarage is established more complete aircraft will be displayed.
Well worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.
Photos added to gallery
PM
darren.crick
Posted: Sep 30 2009, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

ADF Serials Webmaster

Group: ADF Serials Admin
Member No.: 2

when I saw your post I had visions of another misuse of one of our gallery images...

thankfully its all good!!!
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0257 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]